Monday, September 10, 2018

Just Like Raven...




Kids, two of them, took me in a very different direction practice-wise these past two years. My practice reverted to mainly lying down in bed, sitting on the bus or train and whenever I’d get asked by budding yogis for advice, I’d be triggered to make sure I’d know what I was talking about. Formally sparodic. Informally at all times.


Kids, an actual physical manifestation of our own monkey minds, which decorate the entrance and hallway towards eventual calm. Eventually, those mental lunges settle down just like the kids.....eventually. Sometimes you have to read your mind a book or lull it to more stillness with a calming lullaby.

At other times, the noise, unstoppable  commotion,  possible sugar rushes and unspent energy ARE  the objects of meditation, because that is all that is from moment to moment. Equanimity....you don’t know how much you have or lack until you have kids.

Just like Raven (See pic above).


No comments:

Post a Comment