Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dana/Giving




Due to a bit of Theravada/Goenka conditioning, I often feel like my practice rides the wave of my past actions. All those hours and days freely given to serving vipassana courses and constructing Dhamma halls and pagodas somehow pays off in the now. At least, it does condition a light sense of "I am not that bad".

Not sure if it is something he has picked up from observing his parents give him attention and food or if it is something innate or a combo of both, but I enjoy seeing little one start sharing and giving. I'd like to reenforce this habit as it is indeed conducive to being happy with a lighter unhindered mind, which is also very conducive for progress in practice. It's no wonder Gotoma gave instructions to many to practice dana first.


No comments:

Post a Comment