Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bubbapapasatisutta

                           

Mindfulness of In-&-Out Breathing(while baby is in the room)

"Now how is mindfulness of in-&-out breathing developed & pursued while baby is in the room so as to be of great fruit, of great benefit?
"There is the case where a father, having been passed the baby by a tired mum, in the rumpus room, the living room, the room where mother is not, sits down folding his legs crosswise, holding his body erect, and setting mindfulness to the fore.  Always mindful, he breathes in; mindful he breathes out alternating with eyes open and eyes closed.
" Breathing in long, he discerns, 'I am breathing in long' while baby plays; or breathing out long, he discerns, 'I am breathing out long while baby plays.' Or breathing in short, he discerns, 'I am breathing in short while baby plays'; or breathing out short, he discerns, 'I am breathing out short while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to the entire body while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to the entire body while baby plays.'  He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming bodily fabrication while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming bodily fabrication while baby plays.'
"He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to rapture while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to rapture while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to pleasure while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to pleasure while baby plays.'  He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to mental fabrication while baby plays.'[4] He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to mental fabrication while baby plays.'  He trains himself, 'I will breathe in calming mental fabrication while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out calming mental fabrication while baby plays.'
"He trains himself, 'I will breathe in sensitive to the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out sensitive to the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in satisfying the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out satisfying the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in steadying the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out steadying the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in releasing the mind while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out releasing the mind while baby plays.'
"He trains himself, 'I will breathe in focusing on inconstancy while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out focusing on inconstancy while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in focusing on dispassion [literally, fading] while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out focusing on dispassion while baby plays.'  He trains himself, 'I will breathe in focusing on cessation while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out focusing on cessation while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe in focusing on relinquishment while baby plays.' He trains himself, 'I will breathe out focusing on relinquishment while baby plays.'
"This is how mindfulness of in-&-out breathing is developed & pursued so as to be of great fruit, of great benefit ....while baby plays.

Inspired by the original.



No comments:

Post a Comment